Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This tutorial describes how to change your password, as well as how to request a password reset if you lose or forget your password.
SSO and LDAP
If your company uses single sign-on (SSO) or LDAP, you cannot change your Code42 app password because your existing SSO or LDAP username and password are used to sign into Code42 app. Contact your system administrator if you need to change your SSO or LDAP password.
- We recommend using a password that is at least eight characters long. Your password must use a minimum of five characters.
- We recommend using at least two numbers (123) or symbols ($%^).
- Choose a password that is easy to remember, because you will need to supply the password to manage your CrashPlan account or to change your password.
- Don’t use items that are easy for someone else to guess, such as names, words, dates, or your ATM PIN.
You may use spaces in the middle of your password, but do not use them at the beginning or end of your password.
Change your password
If you know your current password, you can change it from the administration console.
Access the administration console from the Code42 app
- Open the Code42 app.
- Code42 app version 6.8.3 and later: Select Settings.
- Code42 app version 6.8.2 and earlier:
- Click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- Choose Device preferences.
- Click General.
- In the bottom-right corner of the dialog, click Manage account on the web.
Your browser displays the administration console sign-in dialog.
Change your password from the administration console
- Sign in to the administration console with your current password.
The administration console displays your user details.
- From the action menu in the upper-right corner, select Edit.
The administration console displays your username and password information.
- Enter your Old Password.
- Enter your new Password, then re-enter it in Confirm Password.
- Click Update User.
The password is changed for all devices on your account.
Request password reset
If you lose or forget your account password, you can request that it be reset.
Code42 for Enterprise
Contact your Code42 administrator to have your password reset.
CrashPlan for Small Business
- Open a web browser and go to the password reset page.
- Enter your username.
- Click Reset Password.
- Follow the password reset instructions sent to your email.
The password reset link is time-sensitive and will expire. If you do not see the password reset instructions in your email inbox, check your spam folders.