Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This tutorial describes how to change your password, as well as how to request a password reset if you lose or forget your password.
SSO and LDAP
If your company uses single sign-on (SSO) or LDAP, you cannot change your Code42 app password because your existing SSO or LDAP username and password are used to sign into Code42 app. Contact your system administrator if you need to change your SSO or LDAP password.
- Choose a long password that combines uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. The best passwords are more than 16 characters long and completely random.
- Alternatively, use a passphrase, consisting of four or more random words. This phrase should be memorable to you, but difficult for someone else to guess (don't use common expressions, quotes, or song lyrics that are easily searchable online).
- Never reuse passwords. Don't use a password or passphrase for Code42 that you use for any other online account.
- Consider using a password manager to help manage complex and unique passwords for all of your online accounts.
You may use spaces in the middle of your password, but do not use them at the beginning or end of your password.
Change your password
If you know your current password, you can change it from the Code42 console.
Access the Code42 console from the Code42 app
- Open the Code42 app.
- Code42 app version 6.8.3 and later: Select Settings.
- Code42 app version 6.8.2 and earlier:
- Click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- Choose Device preferences.
- Click General.
- In the bottom-right corner of the dialog, click Manage account on the web.
Your browser displays the Code42 console sign-in dialog.
Change your password from the Code42 console
- Sign in to the Code42 console with your current password.
The Code42 console displays your user details.
- From the action menu in the upper-right corner, select Edit.
The Code42 console displays your username and password information.
- Enter your Old Password.
- Enter your new Password, then re-enter it in Confirm Password.
- Click Update User.
The password is changed for all devices on your account.
Request password reset
If you lose or forget your account password, you can request that it be reset.
Code42 for Enterprise
Contact your Code42 administrator to have your password reset.
CrashPlan for Small Business
- Open a web browser and go to the password reset page.
- Enter your username.
- Click Reset Password.
- Follow the password reset instructions sent to your email.
The password reset link is time-sensitive and will expire. If you do not see the password reset instructions in your email inbox, check your spam folders.