Who is this article for?
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
This article applies to app versions 6, 7, and 8.
Other available versions:
The Code42 icon in the notification area (Windows) and menu bar (Mac) offers quick access to basic functions such as viewing the backup status, pausing the Code42 service, and starting a backup.
Before you begin
If the Code42 icon is not visible in the notification area (Windows) or menu bar (Mac), launch it from the Code42 app.
- Open the Code42 app.
- Navigate to the Device Preferences:
- Code42 app version 6.8.3 and later: Select Settings.
- Code42 app version 6.8.2 and earlier:
- Click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- Choose Device preferences.
- Select General.
- Enable the following settings to show the Code42 icon:
- Display Code42 icon in notification area
- (Optional) Display Code42 icon in notification area on login
- Show Code42 status in menu bar
- (Optional) Open Code42 in menu bar on login
Notification area and menu bar app
Open the notification area item (Windows) or the menu bar app (Mac) to access basic functions:
- Windows: In the lower right corner of the screen, click the Code42 icon .
- Mac: In the top right corner of the screen, click the Code42 icon .
The name of backup destinations in use for the backup set.
|b||Backup set size||
Size of the backup file selection for the backup set.
|c||Backup destination status icon||
Indicates status of backup to this destination:
|d||Backup set name||
Name of the backup set. By default, backup set name is based on your device name.
|e||Backup destination status message||
Describes detailed status information about the backup destination.
|f||Run backup now||
Starts backup on a destination that is waiting for its next scheduled backup. Once initiated, backup will continue until it's complete, even if it extends beyond the scheduled end time. This option is unavailable outside of your backup schedule.
(Version 6.8.2 and earlier): If a backup is currently in progress, the option to Run backup now is replaced by the Pause option. Click Pause to pause the current backup for 24 hours.
|g||Action menu||Contains a menu of options.|
|a||Open Code42||Opens the Code42 app.|
|b||Pause All Backups||
Sets a temporary time period to pause all backups and downloads, ranging from one hour to one day. You can't download or back up files while the Code42 service is paused.
(Code42 app version 6.8.3 and later): An administrator can prevent pausing with the Pausing Controls setting. If pausing is disabled, the Pause All Backups option does not appear.
|Sets preferences for the menu bar app's behavior.|
|Set preferences for notification area app's behavior.|
|d||Quit Menubar App
|Closes the menu bar app.
The icon is removed from the menu bar.
|Closes the notification area app.
The icon is removed from the notification area.