The Code42 for Enterprise icon in the notification area (Windows) and menu bar (Mac) offers quick access to basic functions such as viewing the backup status, pausing the Code42 service, and starting a backup.
Before you begin
If the Code42 for Enterprise icon is not visible in the notification area (Windows) or menu bar (Mac), launch it from the Code42 app.
- Open the Code42 app.
- Select Details for your device.
- Click the arrow next to your device name.
- Select Device preferences > General:
- Enable Display Code42 icon in notification area.
- (Optional) Enable Display Code42 icon in notification area on login.
- Enable Show Code42 status in menu bar.
- (Optional) Enable Open Code42 in menu bar on login.
Notification area and menu bar app
Open the notification area item (Windows) or the menu bar app (Mac) to access basic functions:
- Windows: In the lower right corner of the screen, click the Code42 for Enterprise icon .
- Mac: In the top right corner of the screen, click the Code42 for Enterprise icon .
The name of backup destinations in use for the backup set.
|b||Backup set size||
Size of the backup file selection for the backup set.
|c||Backup destination status icon||
Indicates status of backup to this destination:
|d||Backup set name||
Name of the backup set. By default, backup set name is based on your device name.
|e||Backup destination status message||
Describes detailed status information about the backup destination.
Pauses backup to the destination for 24 hours.
|g||Run backup now||
Starts backup on a destination that is waiting for its next scheduled backup. Once initiated, backup will continue until it's complete, even if it extends beyond the scheduled end time. This option is unavailable outside of your backup schedule.
|h||Gear menu||Contains a menu of options.|
|a||Open Code42||Opens the Code42 app.|
|b||Pause All Backups||Sets a temporary time period to pause all backups and downloads, ranging from one hour to one day. You can't download or back up files while the Code42 service is paused.|
|Sets preferences for the menu bar app's behavior.|
|Set preferences for notification area app's behavior.|
|d||Quit Menubar App
|Closes the menu bar app.
The icon is removed from the menu bar.
|Closes the notification area app.
The icon is removed from the notification area.