Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Computer-to-computer backup, also known as inbound backup, is not supported in version 5.0.1 and later of the CrashPlan app. If you configured computer-to-computer backup in version 4.4.1 and earlier of the CrashPlan app, and your CrashPlan app upgrades to version 5.0.1, you can no longer manage the settings for these backups.
This article explains how to use the Code42 console to disable computer-to-computer backup.
Devices using computer-to-computer backup upgraded to version 5.0.1 or later of the CrashPlan app.
Although your computer-to-computer backup may still appear as a destination in the CrashPlan app, you cannot manage backup settings for these destinations, and you may experience unexpected behavior.
Before you begin
If you want to keep any files that are backed up to the destination device, download these files before you begin.
- In order to download files, the destination computer must be turned on, and CrashPlan must be running.
- If CrashPlan isn't set to run “always,” then you will only be able to download during the backup times specified on that device.
After you save your changes, your computer-to-computer backup stops, and the backup archive is deleted from the destination device. There is no way to download or recover files from the archive once it is deleted.
To disable inbound backup:
- Sign in to the Code42 console:
- From the CrashPlan app, click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- From General preferences, click Manage account on the web.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select Devices.
- Choose the destination device from the list.
- Click the action menu.
- Click Edit.
- Deselect Accept inbound backups.
- Click Save.