Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
The CrashPlan app displays a Network blocked–Backup will resume automatically on approved networks message when configured to block specific network connections. This article includes instructions for unblocking the CrashPlan app's access to available networks.
If the only available networks are blocked, then the backup status displays as Network blocked - Backup will resume automatically on approved networks.
Follow the steps below to prevent the CrashPlan app from blocking certain wireless networks and network interfaces for backup.
- Open the CrashPlan app.
- Click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name, and choose Device preferences.
- Select Network.
- Next to Wireless network exclusions, select Change.
- Select a wireless network from the list that you want to allow for backup.
- Select the minus (-) to allow the wireless network.
- Repeat for each wireless network you want to allow.
- Click Save.
- Next to Network Interface Exclusions, click Change.
- Select a network interface from the list that you want to allow for backup.
- Select the minus (-) to allow the network interface.
- Repeat for each network interface you want to allow.
- Click Save.
- Close the Device Preferences dialog.
- Verify the Network Blocked message no longer displays on the backup dialog.