Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional and Enterprise, no.
Incydr Basic and Advanced, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Other product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This tutorial explains how to download files from the web, also known as a web restore. Web restore is designed to download a few files when you need them on the go; it is not designed for very large downloads.
Before you begin
- If you are downloading all of your files because you recently reformatted or replaced a device or hard drive, refer to Download all files on a new device or drive instead.
- Only files backed up to a cloud destination, such as the Code42 cloud, can be downloaded from the web. If your file was not backed up to a cloud destination, you should download from the CrashPlan app instead.
Your administrator can restrict the maximum amount that can be downloaded from the web. If your download selection exceeds the total allowed, we recommend downloading from the CrashPlan app instead, if possible.
- Open a web browser and go to the Code42 console. Contact your administrator to get the Code42 console's URL (for example, https://example.com:4285/console/login.html).
- Sign in with your account credentials.
- Select Devices.
- Locate the device containing the files you want to download and click Restore .
- (Optional) Select a calendar date to download files as of a date other than the most recent date.
- (Optional) Select Display deleted files to download previously-deleted files.
The file tree refreshes to include deleted files.
- Select the files or folders you want to download from the file tree.
- Click Restore.
The Web Restore Finished message appears in the lower-left side of the Code42 console.
- Select Click here to download to download the zip file containing your files.
The files are downloaded to the device you're currently using.
- If you're using a public device, be sure to Sign Out before leaving.
- Only files backed up to the Code42 cloud can be restored from the web. If your files were backed up to another destination, such as to an external drive, then download files from the CrashPlan app instead.
- Downloads are limited to 250 MB by default, but administrators can change this restriction by increasing the web restore limit. To download more files and folders, we recommend downloading files from the CrashPlan app instead.