- Code42 CrashPlan (previously CrashPlan PROe)
Your mobile devices go with you to places you may not bring a computer. With the CrashPlan mobile app, you don't have to sacrifice access to your files for the convenience of mobility.
This article describes how you can use the CrashPlan mobile app to download files backed up to a cloud destination, like the Code42 cloud.
Before you begin
- Your files must be backed up to a cloud destination, like the Code42 cloud, to download them to your mobile device.
- You must have the CrashPlan mobile app installed on your device.
- Open the CrashPlan mobile app and sign in to your CrashPlan account.
- Tap to select the device that has the file you want to access.
If you have enhanced security enabled, you will be prompted to enter your archive key password or custom key.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file you want to access.
It may take a moment for the list of files to load.
- Tap any file to download it.
A checkmark appears to the right of the file when it has downloaded.
- Tap the file again to open it.
- You can share or open the file in a different app by tapping the share icon for your device.
You can download files as large as 500 MB to your mobile device. To check a file's size, you can view file details before downloading.
View file details
You can download files that are as large as 500 MB. To check the size of a file before you download it:
- Locate the file.
- (Android) Long press the file name and select File Details to see the file size.
- (iOS) Touch and hold the file name to open file details, including file size.