Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
After installing the CrashPlan app on your computer, follow the steps below to create an account.
- To create an account, you may be asked to provide a server address and registration key. Contact your administrator if you do not know the appropriate server address or registration key.
- We recommend using a password that is at least eight characters long. Your password must use a minimum of five characters.
- Open the CrashPlan app.
- Choose Sign up for an account.
- Enter your First Name.
- Enter your Last Name.
- Enter the Username associated with your CrashPlan account. You can use this username to:
- Sign in to the Code42 console
- Add additional computers to your account
- Enter a Password to secure your CrashPlan account.
Confirm the password.
- Enter the Registration Key provided by your administrator.
- Enter the Code42 Server Address.
For example: https://master-server.example.com:4282
- Click Sign Up.
After a few moments a message displays indicating that you have successfully created your account. Now you're ready to start backing up your files.