Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
After installing the CrashPlan app on your computer, follow the steps below to create an account.
- To create an account, you may be asked to provide a server address and registration key. Contact your administrator if you do not know the appropriate server address or registration key.
- We recommend using a password that is at least eight characters long. Your password must use a minimum of five characters.
- Open the CrashPlan app.
- Choose Sign up for an account.
- Enter your First Name.
- Enter your Last Name.
- Enter the Username associated with your CrashPlan account. You can use this username to:
- Sign in to the administration console
- Add additional computers to your account
- Enter a Password to secure your CrashPlan account.
Confirm the password.
- Enter the Registration Key provided by your administrator.
- Enter the Code42 Server Address.
For example: https://master-server.example.com:4282
- Click Sign Up.
After a few moments a message displays indicating that you have successfully created your account. Now you're ready to start backing up your files.