Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
The Code42 CrashPlan app uses the name of your user account to assign a name for your device. Your device name is a label for you to distinguish one device from another. The name itself does not affect your backup. This tutorial shows how to change the name that CrashPlan assigns to your device.
Change the device name
You can change the name of your computer backup from several places, as described below.
From the CrashPlan app
- From Home, click Details.
- Select the arrow next to your device name.
- Choose Device preferences.
- Next to Device Name, click Rename.
- Enter the new device name.
The new device name is saved automatically when you press Enter or navigate away from the field.
From the administration console
- Sign in to the administration console.
Contact your administrator for the administration console's URL (for example: https://authority-server.example.com:4285/console).
- Click Devices.
- Select the device you want to change.
- From the action menu, select Edit.
- Next to Name for this device, enter the new name for the device.
- Click Save.