Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
When you back up files to a destination, CrashPlan stores your backup as an archive. When you are backing up to a local destination, like an external drive, you may need to re-attach the archive to the CrashPlan app if you:
- Move the archive to another drive (for example, if you upgrade to a larger drive)
- Replace your device
In these scenarios, follow the steps below to attach the archive.
Attaching an archive only applies to local backups, not to cloud destinations like the Code42 cloud.
- Connect the drive containing the archive to your device.
- Open the CrashPlan app.
- Select Details.
- Select the backup set settings button.
- From Destinations, choose Change.
- Select Add A Local Destination.
- From your file browser, select the drive or folder containing the backup archive you would like to add.
The GUID of the drive or folder must match the device ID of your current device. Look for the folder that matches the current device ID: for example, 948212309528060501.
- When prompted, click Add Backup to confirm you want to add the backup archive from the drive or folder you selected.
- Select the local destination from the list of available destinations.
- Click Save.