- CrashPlan for Small Business (Mac only)
This article provides instructions for correcting an issue that prevents the CrashPlan app from automatically upgrading to newer versions. This issue occurs if you installed or upgraded to CrashPlan version 3.6.3 on a Windows computer between February 12, 2014 and February 19, 2014.
Backups and restores are unaffected by this issue. However, this issue prevents the CrashPlan app from automatically upgrading to version 3.6.4, which is now available. To upgrade to the latest version of the CrashPlan app, uninstall and reinstall the CrashPlan app using the steps below.
This issue occurs if you installed or upgraded to CrashPlan version 3.6.3 on a Windows computer between February 12, 2014 and February 19, 2014.
To determine whether or not your app is affected:
- Go to Settings > Account
- Locate your Version number and the corresponding 13-digit version ID
- If the 13-digit version ID displayed is 1388556000363, then your CrashPlan app is impacted, and you should follow the steps below to upgrade your CrashPlan app to the fixed version
Additionally, if you are affected by this issue, your CrashPlan app History may repeatedly display the message Downloading a new version of CrashPlan and report that it is Unable to apply upgrade(s), retrying in one hour:
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below to uninstall version 3.6.3 and reinstall the most recent version.
Step 1: Uninstall the CrashPlan app
- Open the Control Panel for your computer
- Select the remove program option for your version of Windows:
- Windows 7/8: Uninstall a Program
- Vista: Programs and Features
- Windows XP/2003: Add/Remove Programs
- Select your CrashPlan product (CrashPlan or CrashPlan PRO)
- Click Uninstall
Step 2: Reinstall the CrashPlan app
- Download the latest CrashPlan app for your CrashPlan product:
CrashPlan | CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO)
- Double-click the CrashPlan EXE file
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation
- Choose existing account and enter your CrashPlan account info to sign in
Once you have upgraded to the latest version of the CrashPlan app, future upgrades will occur automatically.