- CrashPlan for Small Business (Mac only)
- CrashPlan PROe
This tutorial explains how to report issues with CrashPlan mobile app on your iOS device.
Before you begin
Reinstalling the CrashPlan mobile app can resolve a number of issues.
Step 1: Take a screenshot of the issue
Screenshots may help us diagnose your issue. If the app displays something in an unexpected way, take a screenshot to send to our Customer Champions. To take a screenshot:
- Press and hold the home button
This is the physical button located below your device's screen
- While the home button is held down, press the sleep/wake button
This is the switch on the top of your device
- Attach your screenshot to your ticket for the issue
Step 2: Send your CrashPlan mobile app logs to support
- Open the CrashPlan mobile app
- Click the gear icon in the upper right
- Tap About this app
- Triple-tap Codefortytwo in the upper right
A form opens
- Enter the ticket number for your issue
- Tap Send
What information should I include in my ticket?
Provide as much of the following information as possible in your ticket:
- Description of the issue
- Device Type
- iOS Version
- Network connection type (e.g. edge, 3G, wifi)
- Mobile carrier, if applicable (e.g. Verizon, AT&T)
- App version (e.g. CrashPlan 1.0.0)
- Account type (i.e. CrashPlan for Home, CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO), or Code42 for Enterprise)
- Security type
Note: Only include security type if you have upgraded your security (i.e. archive password or custom 448-bit key). We don't need the password/key itself!