- CrashPlan for Small Business (Mac only)
- Code42 CrashPlan (previously CrashPlan PROe)
This article describes a known issue in which two redundant, duplicate CrashPlan app icons appear in the Windows notification area after an upgrade to a CrashPlan app on Windows. To remove duplicate icons, follow the steps below for deleting files.
Devices that meet the following criteria:
- Windows operating system
- CrashPlan app versions 4.3 through 4.6
The problem was fixed in CrashPlan app version 4.7.
If the Windows notification area displays two CrashPlan app icons, follow the instructions below.
- Open a file browser.
- Navigate to the directory C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp.
- Delete any of three files, if they exist.
- CrashPlan Tray.lnk
- CrashPlan PRO Tray.lnk
- CrashPlan PROe Tray.lnk