- CrashPlan for Small Business
- CrashPlan PROe
This article explains how to resolve the issue of the CrashPlan mobile app not being able to connect to the CrashPlan servers, even if you have a working Internet connection. Follow the steps below if you see these messages when trying to restore files:
- "Network error: Can't connect to servers. Please verify your Internet connection."
- "Could not connect to server"
CrashPlan mobile app
Before you begin
Make sure your mobile device has a working Internet connection.
Step 1: Uninstall the CrashPlan mobile app
- Tap and hold the icon for the CrashPlan mobile app until it begins to shake.
- Tap the small "x" in the corner of the icon to uninstall the app.
- Go to System Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.
- Tap the CrashPlan mobile app.
- Tap Uninstall.
Step 2: Download the latest version of the CrashPlan mobile app
Verify that your device meets the CrashPlan mobile app system requirements, and then download the free app:
If you are still unable to connect after installing the latest version of the CrashPlan mobile app, use one of these alternative solutions to immediately restore a file to your device:
- Connect your device to WiFi before using the CrashPlan mobile app.
- Restore a file from the CrashPlan web app on your device's web browser:
It is possible to avoid this issue by using a virtual private network (VPN) to send your mobile device's connection through another network. However, downloading files through a VPN may be less secure, depending on your VPN provider.