- CrashPlan for Small Business
- CrashPlan PROe
Apple released OS X Yosemite v10.10 on October 16, 2014. There are known issues with version 3.6.3 and earlier of the CrashPlan app on this operating system. To resolve these issues, Code42 has released an updated CrashPlan app for CrashPlan for Home and CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO). An update for Code42 for Enterprise is coming soon.
If you are already using OS X Yosemite, see below for available solutions.
CrashPlan app versions 3.6.3 and earlier on Macs running OS X Yosemite v10.10
On Macs upgraded to OS X Yosemite, version 3.6.3 of the CrashPlan app behaves as follows:
- Real-time backup will not take place.
- File changes will back up after a file verification scan.
- Display issues or other unexpected behavior may occur with the CrashPlan app and menu bar app.
If you are a Code42 for Enterprise user, we recommend contacting your Code42 for Enterprise administrator before upgrading your operating system.
Automatic update to the CrashPlan app
Starting on October 17, 2014, we are distributing a version of the CrashPlan app that is compatible with OS X Yosemite to CrashPlan for Home and CrashPlan for Small Business users that have already upgraded to Yosemite. This update is distributed automatically and we expect all CrashPlan apps to be updated over the next day. If you would like to wait for the automatic update, no action is required.
To check which version of the CrashPlan app is currently installed on your computer:
- Open the CrashPlan app
- Go to Settings > Account
- Locate your version number
Version 3.6.4 is fully compatible with OS X Yosemite.
Manually update the CrashPlan app
If you do not want to wait for the automatic update to the CrashPlan app, and you are a CrashPlan for Home or CrashPlan for Small Business user, you can uninstall your existing CrashPlan app and reinstall version 3.6.4.
Step 1: Uninstall version 3.6.3
- Open the Finder.
- Press Command-Shift-G
A dialog box appears: Go to the folder.
- Paste this text into the dialog box:
- Installed for everyone: /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/Uninstall.app
- Installed per user: ~/Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/Uninstall.app
- Click Go.
- Double-click Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall process.
Step 2: Install version 3.6.4
- Download version 3.6.4 of the CrashPlan app for your operating system: Home | PRO
- Once the download completes, unzip the installer
- Double-click the CrashPlan DMG file that was downloaded, then double-click Install CrashPlan
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation
- Once the installation is complete, choose existing account on the sign in screen and enter your CrashPlan account information
Additional installation information is available in the Installing CrashPlan article.