- CrashPlan for Small Business (Mac only)
- CrashPlan PROe
Following the upgrade of the CrashPlan app from version 3.5.3 to 3.6.3, installations of the CrashPlan app on Mac OS X with a firewall enabled may prompt the user to allow incoming network connections from "CrashPlanService".
Click allow to let CrashPlan communicate with CrashPlan Central and any computers you are using as a destination.
CrashPlan app version 3.6.3 on Mac OS X with firewall enabled
When prompted, click Allow. This lets CrashPlan communicate with CrashPlan Central and any computers you are using as a destination.
If you initially clicked Deny when prompted, use the following steps to update your settings:
- Open the System Preferences for your Mac
- Go to Security & Privacy > Firewall
- If necessary, unlock your settings with your password to make changes to your settings
- Click Firewall Options
- When prompted whether or not to allow incoming network connections for "CrashPlanService", select Allow