Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article applies to app version 4.
Note: This app version is no longer supported.
There is a known issue in the CrashPlan app 3.5.2 running on Mac OS X 10.7 or OS X 10.8 with older versions of Java. Backups stop and when you open the CrashPlan app, you are presented with the message "Unable to connect to backup engine".
- CrashPlan app 3.5.2
- Mac OS X 10.7 or OS X 10.8
- Oracle's Java 1.7 prior to 1.7.0_06-b24
To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:
- Download and install the latest Java release from Oracle's website
- Click Accept License, then choose the Mac OS X x64 version
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect
- Open the CrashPlan app to confirm that CrashPlan is working correctly