- CrashPlan PRO
- CrashPlan PROe
Following the upgrade of the CrashPlan app from version 3.5.3 to 3.6.3, some installations of the CrashPlan app on older versions of the Mac OS may no longer launch.
On affected devices, the CrashPlan service and the CrashPlan menu bar continue running and backups continue.
Macs that automatically upgraded to CrashPlan app version 3.6.3 on February 11 or February 12, 2014 and are running:
- OS X Lion v10.7.3 and earlier
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6
- Mac OS X Leopard v10.5
Before You Begin
Open the CrashPlan app to check whether your installation is affected:
- In the Finder, go to Applications
- Double click CrashPlan.app
- If the CrashPlan app opens, then your installation is unaffected and no action is required.
- If the CrashPlan app fails to open, then your installation is affected. Proceed using the recommended solution.
To resolve the issue, follow the below steps to uninstall the CrashPlan app and install a new version of the CrashPlan app:
- Download the CrashPlan app, version 3.6.3:
CrashPlan | CrashPlan PRO | Code42 for Enterprise
- Once the download has completed, open the CrashPlan dmg
- Double click Uninstall begin the uninstall process
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstall process
- After the uninstall has completed, double click Install to install the CrashPlan app