This article applies to Code42 for Enterprise version 4.
The process for restoring files from CrashPlan app version 4.8.4 and later differs slightly from the process in version 4.8.3 and earlier. This article describes how to restore files from the CrashPlan app version 4.8.4 and later.
For instructions on restoring files from the CrashPlan app version 4.8.3 and earlier, see Restore files from the CrashPlan app.
- Open the CrashPlan app and go to Restore.
- If there are multiple computers on your account, select the computer containing the files you want to restore.
- If the selected computer is backing up to multiple destinations, select the backup destination that you want to use for this restore.
- If you want to restore your files from a previous date, click most recent to select the date from a calendar.
- Select the checkboxes for the folders and files you want to restore.
Learn more about finding files (including hidden or deleted files).
- Select Next.
The Options window opens.
- Update the restore options to specify the restore location, naming convention, and permissions for your restored files. When in doubt, restore using current permissions.
- Click Restore.
Your download begins immediately. The Restore Status displays the status of your restored files.
- It is safe to close the CrashPlan app while the files restore in the background.
- If you are restoring a large amount of data, consider optimizing your computer settings to prevent disruptions.
- Alternatively, if you don't want to restore all of the files at once, you can shut down or put your computer to sleep, and the restore will resume where it left off when it is powered on again.
- If you receive errors when restoring, refer to our troubleshooting guide.