Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article applies to version 4.
This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions for restoring your Mozilla Firefox bookmarks and settings.
Before you begin
Information about products from other manufacturers is intended as a resource to help you get the most out of Code42 products. However, our Customer Champions cannot provide direct assistance for these products. For assistance with products not developed by Code42, contact the product's manufacturer.
In CrashPlan app version 4.8.4 and later, the Restore tab is updated. For instructions, see Restore files from the CrashPlan app version 4.8.4 and later.
- Open the CrashPlan app and go to Restore.
- If there are multiple computers on your account, select the computer you want to restore.
- If you are backing up to multiple destinations, select the backup destination that you want to use for this restore.
- Locate and select your Firefox profile .default folder from the file tree. The folder is located in your AppData (Windows) or Application Support (Mac) folder and labeled with a unique combination of eight letters and numbers, for example:
- Windows: /Users/<user name>/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/<
/Users/<user name>/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/<nkta7i8r>.default
- (Mac only) From the restore options, click original permissions to change the selection to current permissions.
- From the restore options, click Desktop, then original location to change the location of where the files are restored. The location should be set to a folder.
- Change the folder by clicking on the default (Desktop).
- From the Select a Directory dialog, choose the Firefox Profile folder for your operating system and click Ok:
/Users/<user name>/Library/Application/ Support/Firefox/Profiles/
- Click Restore.
- Restart Firefox to see your restored bookmarks and settings.