Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article applies to version 4.
This tutorial explains how to restore your Contacts and Address Book information.
- Contacts for OS X v10.8 and later
- Address Book for OS X v10.7 and earlier
Information about products from other manufacturers is intended as a resource to help you get the most out of Code42 products. However, our Customer Champions cannot provide direct assistance for these products. For assistance with products not developed by Code42, contact the product's manufacturer.
In order to restore your Contacts files, your user Library folder must be included in your backup file selection. By default, CrashPlan backs up this folder. If you have changed your backup file selection and Contacts's files are not included, you will not be able to restore.
In CrashPlan app version 4.8.4 and later, the Restore tab is updated. For instructions, see Restore files from the CrashPlan app version 4.8.4 and later.
To restore your Contacts or Address Book files:
- Open the CrashPlan app
- Click Restore
- Locate and select the address book folder:
- /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/AddressBook
- (Optional) If you want to restore files from a previous date, click most recent to select a specific date
- Click Desktop to change the restore location to original location
- Click Restore
Your download begins immediately. The Restore Status displays the progress of your restore
- Quit and restart Contacts or Address Book
Your contacts are restored
CrashPlan only backs up contacts stored locally on your computer. If you are having problems with contacts stored in iCloud, visit the iCloud support website
Apple: iCloud Contacts support