Who is this article for?
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
When you want to restore a few files, you can restore from the web using the Code42 console. This tutorial explains how to restore files to your computer from the web.
Restoring files from the web
- Sign in to your Code42 console:
- Get the link for your Code42 console from your Code42 for Enterprise administrator.
- Go to Devices.
- Click the restore icon for the computer whose files you want to restore.
- Select files or folders to restore.
- (Optional) Select a calendar date to restore a previous version of files.
- (Optional) Select Display deleted files to show files that have been deleted from this computer.
- Click Restore.
- In the lower left, click the link Click here to download to download the zip file containing your selected files.
- Restores are limited to 250 MB by default, but your administrator can change this restriction by changing the web restore limit. To restore more files and folders, we recommend restoring from the CrashPlan app instead.
- Only files backed up to the Code42 cloud can be restored from the web. If your file was backed up to another destination, such as a local folder, then restore from the CrashPlan app instead.