Now that you have installed CrashPlan on your computer, you're ready to create an account. Creating an account allows you to start backing up and inviting others to back up to you. To get started, just open the CrashPlan app and enter your basic information in the Create Your Account window.
Tips for creating a secure password
- We recommend using a password that is at least eight characters long. Your password must use a minimum of five characters.
- We recommend using at least two numbers (123) or symbols ($%^).
- Choose a password that is easy to remember, because you will need to supply the password to manage your CrashPlan account or to change your password.
- Don’t use items that are easy for someone else to guess, such as names, words, dates, or your ATM PIN.
Less secure passwords:
- Open the CrashPlan app by clicking the CrashPlan icon on your desktop (Windows) or in the task bar (Mac).
- Choose New Account when you are registering CrashPlan for the first time.
- Enter your first name.
- Enter your last name.
- Enter the email address to which you want associated with your CrashPlan account. You can use this email address to:
- Link your account to your CrashPlan subscription, if you have one
- Receive email notifications about your backup
- Sign in to your CrashPlan account online
- Add additional computers to your account
- Enter a password to secure your CrashPlan account.
You can configure your CrashPlan app to require a password. Passwords are case sensitive, so be sure to use the same capital letters the next time you log in. See our password considerations for more suggestions.
- Re-enter the password.
- Click Create Account.
After a few moments a message displays indicating that you have successfully created your CrashPlan account. Now you're ready to start backing up or inviting others to back up to you. You will also receive an email message with your account info and additional information about using CrashPlan.