- CrashPlan PRO
- CrashPlan PROe
This tutorial describes how to change your password from the CrashPlan app, as well as how to request a password reset in the event that you lose or forget your password.
Tips For Creating A Secure Password
- We recommend using a password that is at least eight characters long. Your password must use a minimum of five characters.
- We recommend using at least two numbers (123) or symbols ($%^).
- Choose a password that is easy to remember, because you will need to supply the password to manage your CrashPlan account or to change your password.
- Don’t use items that are easy for someone else to guess, such as names, words, dates, or your ATM PIN.
Less Secure Passwords:
More Secure Passwords
Change password from the CrashPlan app
If you know your current password, you can change it directly from the CrashPlan app.
- Open the CrashPlan app and go to Settings > Security
- Enter your Current Password
- Enter your New Password, then re-enter it below
- Click Save
Request password reset
CrashPlan for Home and CrashPlan PRO only. If you use Code42 for Enterprise, contact your CrashPlan administrator to have your password reset.
If you lose or forget your account password, you can request that it be reset.
- Open a web browser and go to the password reset page for your CrashPlan product:
- Enter the email address associated with your CrashPlan account
Note: You can view the email address associated with your account in the CrashPlan app from Settings > Account
- Click Submit (CrashPlan for Home) or Reset (CrashPlan PRO)
- Follow the password reset instructions sent to your email
The password reset link is time sensitive and will expire. If you do not see the password reset instructions in your email inbox, check your spam folders.