This tutorial describes how to change your password from the CrashPlan app, as well as how to request a password reset if you lose or forget your password.
SSO and LDAP
If your company uses single sign-on (SSO) or LDAP, you cannot change your CrashPlan app password because your existing SSO or LDAP username and password are used to sign into CrashPlan app. Contact your system administrator if you need to change the password that you use to sign in to SSO or LDAP.
- We recommend using a password that is at least eight characters long. Your password must use a minimum of five characters.
- We recommend using at least two numbers (123) or symbols ($%^).
- Choose a password that is easy to remember, because you will need to supply the password to manage your CrashPlan account or to change your password.
- Don’t use items that are easy for someone else to guess, such as names, words, dates, or your ATM PIN.
Change your password
If you know your current password, you can change it directly from the CrashPlan app or the administration console.
The password is changed for all devices on your account.
Change your password from the CrashPlan app
- Open the CrashPlan app and go to Settings > Security.
- Enter your Current Password.
- Enter your New Password, then re-enter it below.
- Click Save.
Change your password from the administration console
- Sign in to the administration console with your current password.
The administration console displays your user details.
- From the action menu in the upper-right corner, select Edit.
The administration console displays your username and password information.
- Enter your Old Password.
- Enter your new Password, then re-enter it in Confirm Password.
- Click Update User.
Request password reset
If you lose or forget your account password, contact your Code42 administrator to have your password reset.