Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Gov F2, and Horizon, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Retired product plans, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
When you sign up for a free trial of CrashPlan for Small Business, you may see this error message: This account information is invalid or may already be in use. This article explains different issues that can cause this error and how to successfully complete the process.
Possible causes and solutions
We recommend checking the following possible causes in the order presented.
Email address in use
Your email address may already be used by an existing CrashPlan for Small Business account.
If you own that email address, use the CrashPlan for Small Business Code42 console to request a password reset.
Each person using CrashPlan for Small Business needs their own user account with a unique email address and password. Sharing a user account among multiple people is a large security and data privacy risk because any person using the shared account can download backed-up files from every device under that user account.
Email is not a valid format
To create your account, you must provide a valid email address.
Enter an email address in this format:
Email or password confirmation fields don't match
To create your account, you must enter the same email address into two fields and enter the same password into two fields.
- Both email address fields match exactly
- Both password fields match exactly
Password does not meet requirements
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters. For stronger security, use 16 characters or more.
- Passwords must have at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one number. Special characters and symbols are also allowed.
- Passwords can't contain spaces or 3 or more repeating letters, numbers, or characters.
- Passwords shouldn't contain common words or phrases that are easily guessed (like "password" or "letmein").
- Never reuse passwords. Don't use a password for Code42 that you use for any other online account.