This tutorial provides step-by-step instructions for restoring your Safari bookmarks and preferences on your Mac. You can use the steps provided to restore your bookmarks and preferences on the original Mac or a new Mac.
Before you begin
Your Safari files must be included in your backup file selection in order to restore your bookmarks and settings.
Information about products from other manufacturers is intended as a resource to help you get the most out of CrashPlan for Small Business. However, our Customer Champions cannot provide direct assistance for these products. For assistance with products not developed by Code42, contact the product's manufacturer.
Open the Code42 app to see a list of backed-up files:
- Click Restore Files.
- (Applies only if you have multiple devices) From the menu, select the device that originally backed up the files you want to restore.
- (Optional) If you want to restore an earlier version of your files, click As of Today to select a previous date from the calendar.
- Locate and select the following file from the file tree:
- Locate and select the following folder from the file tree:
- Click Restore Files
The Restore Files Options window appears.
- Update the options to specify the restore location to the following location: /Users/<user name>/Library
You can also specify naming guidelines and permissions for your restored files.
- Click Go.
Your download is added to Downloads. Download Activity displays the status of your download.
For more information on Safari, see Mac Apps Support.