Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Horizon, and Gov F2, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
The Code42 device migration process (also called adoption or replacement) allows you to easily migrate backup data after you:
- Replace a device with a new one (due to theft, loss, or upgrade)
- Replace a device's main hard drive
- Reinstall a device's operating system
- Completely uninstall and reinstall the Code42 app
Instructions for specific migrations
Migrating a device means copying data from a CrashPlan for Small Business backup for one device onto another device. That data includes:
- User data files
- Code42 settings and identity data
The following directs you to instructions for specific tasks and environments.