Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Gov F2, and Horizon, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, yes.
Retired product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article outlines the hardware and software requirements for components of your Code42 cloud environment.
Code42 console requirements
- Minimum resolution: 1024x768
- Web browser:
- Chrome (most recent)
- Firefox (most recent)
- Microsoft Edge (most recent built on Chromium, on Windows)
- Safari (most recent, on Mac and Linux)
The Code42 console does not support mobile web browsers.
Code42 app requirements
User device system requirements
The system specifications listed below are the minimum requirements needed to successfully install the Code42 app. Devices on unsupported operating systems may be unable to upgrade to the most recent Code42 app version.
- These system requirements are the minimum requirements to install the Code42 app. Use more powerful hardware for the best performance.
- The Code42 app is supported on Macs with the Apple M1 chip, but is not supported on other devices running ARM processors, which includes most phones and tablets.
- If your backup is unusually large (more than 1 TB or 1 million files), you must configure the Code42 app to use more RAM than the minimum requirement.
- The Code42 app requires an Internet connection for almost all activity, including signing in, backing up, restoring, and changing most settings.
- The Code42 app requires a graphical user interface (GUI) for use on all operating systems. The app's desktop UI typically requires a screen area at least 960 pixels wide by 780 pixels high. Some systems may be able to display it as small as 900 pixels by 680 pixels.
Following are the minimum requirements for devices running the Code42 app. However, depending on usage, the Code42 app may need more than the listed minimums to operate effectively.
1 The Code42 app supports extended update support (EUS) versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and long-term support (LTS) versions of Ubuntu.