Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Gov F2, and Horizon, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Retired product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article explains how to interpret and respond to the following alert.
The table below displays where the alert appears and where it can be configured.
|"Username attribute for display name cannot be found"||Delivered by email and to the Alerts Overview of the Code42 console|
|"SSO username attribute not found"||Settings > Notifications of the Code42 console|
This alert indicates a problem that could seriously affect your Code42 environment's security, result in data loss, or make the service unavailable.
This alert is triggered when a user attempts to sign in to your Code42 environment with a username that is not recognized by your SSO identity provider.
- Your SSO identity provider has not been configured correctly to map the user's username to their credentials with your Code42 environment.
- Your Code42 environment has not been configured correctly to map the user's username to their credentials with your SSO identity provider.
This alert may indicate that your Code42 environment has not been properly configured to use this SSO identity provider. This alert is generated as a response to a user signing in, but it indicates a problem with the SSO configuration on your authority server, not with the user. Users cannot sign in to your Code42 environment using this SSO identity provider until this issue is resolved.
To resolve this alert, correct the SSO attribute mapping settings on your authority server:
- Sign in to your Code42 console.
- Go to Settings > Security > Single Sign-On.
- Select your identity provider.
- Confirm the username setting listed under Attribute Mapping.
- If necessary, correct the username attribute mapping settings in your Code42 environment or identity provider.
- Other name settings are used as labels, but the key attribute is the username.
- Click Save.
- Sign in as a test user to confirm the corrected settings.
Acknowledge the alert
An alert appears in the Code42 console's list of active alerts until someone dismisses it. To dismiss an alert:
- (Version 6.5 and later) Go to Active Alerts, select the alert, then go to the action menu and choose Dismiss.
- (Before version 6.5) Go to Alerts Overview, select the alert, then go to the action menu and choose Acknowledge.