Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Gov F2, and Horizon, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Retired product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
The Legal Hold web app's Activity page displays events that occur within a legal hold. This tutorial explains how to view the events captured by the Legal Hold web app.
Before you begin
- A legal hold must already have been created and configured.
- Only users that have the Legal Admin role, or a custom role with the necessary permissions, are able to view legal hold activity.
When you collect files from a custodian on legal hold, that action appears on the activity screen of the Legal Hold web app 24 hours later.
- Sign in to the Code42 console on your authority server.
- Choose the Legal Hold web app.
- Click the name of the legal hold that you want to view.
- Click Activity.
Scrolling down displays more events.
The Legal Hold web app records the following events:
- Legal hold creation
- Legal hold deactivation
- Legal hold reactivation
- Adding a custodian to a legal hold
- Deactivation of a custodian
- Reactivation of a custodian
- Collection of files from a legal hold
Although collection events display, the names of the files collected are not shown. To determine the files downloaded, use the appropriate Code42 API.