Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Horizon, and Gov F2, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, no.
Retired product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Devices with multiple user accounts or profiles can be protected by Code42 for Enterprise. This article describes how to back up these devices securely.
Version 4 is no longer supported. See Back up multiple user accounts on one device for the latest version of this content.
Code42 app version 4.3 and later
The Code42 service runs with administrator privileges when installed for everyone (the default installation method). If you have security concerns about the default installation method, then install per user. When CrashPlan is installed per user, each user accesses a separate instance of the Code42 service.
In version 4.3 and later, install the Code42 app per user. Each per-user installation of the Code42 app is treated as a separate device in your Code42 environment.
Code42 app version 4.2.x and earlier
In version 4.2.x and earlier of the Code42 app, the file selection for all user accounts on a device backs up to a single archive, password, and encryption key. To maintain data privacy, Code42 recommends creating an organization and a special user account or accounts specifically for managing these multi-profile systems.
Users on these multi-profile systems must contact a Code42 for Enterprise administrator (with the appropriate restore permissions) to initiate a file restore. The administrator restores the files and folders from the Code42 console either by pushing data directly to the multi-profile computer or downloading the data and delivering it to the user manually; options for delivery include email, intranet download, or removable drives.
The below steps require permissions usually granted to the Org Admin or SYSADMIN roles.
- Sign in to the Code42 console as a user with the Org Admin or SYSADMIN role.
- Create a new "multi-profile" organization to contain users with multi-profile devices.
- Create a new "multi-profile" administrator to restore data for users with multi-profile devices.
- From the details view of the organization, go to action menu > Add a User to create a new administrator account within this organization. This multi-profile administrator will restore data for users with multi-profile systems.
- Click your new administrator to view the user details.
- Go to action menu > Edit > Roles.
- Add the Org Admin and Admin Restore roles to the user account.
- Apply the following settings and selections in Default Device Backup Settings for the multi-profile organization:
- Change file inclusions in Backup > File Selection > Included Files to protect all user accounts:
Changing the file selection to include :allusers adds all users that are present at the time the Code42 app is installed. If new users are added to the device, they must be added to the file selection manually.
- Select and Lock Backup > Destinations > Auto Start Backup to automatically begin backup processes.
- Select and Lock Security > Require account password to access CrashPlan desktop application.
- Configure other settings and parameters according to your environment's needs, such as excluding videos or reducing backup frequency.
- Install Code42 app on a multi-profile device.
- Select Existing Account when prompted for a user account.
- Register the device under the multi-profile administrator account that you created.
If you add a device to the multi-profile administrator's account, the device will start backing up automatically. Restores must be initiated through the Code42 console by the multi-profile administrator account, or by a Code42 for Enterprise administrator with administrative restore permissions and "read" access to the multi-profile administrator account.