Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Gov F2, and Horizon, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, yes.
Retired product plans, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article describes how to remove or assign user roles to specific Code42 accounts so you can set up role-based access control for your Code42 environment. Managing who has access to Code42 resources is an important security aspect of any Code42 environment.
Code42 includes a pre-existing set of user roles or privileges that can be applied to user accounts. These built-in user roles include a fine-grained set of permissions to ensure users only have access to the resources they need.
Assign roles to a specific user
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Go to Administration > Environment > Users.
- Click a user row to open the user details screen.
- Select Edit from the action menu in the upper-right corner.
- Select the Roles tab.
- From the Available Roles list, select the role you'd like assigned to the user.
For more information about available roles, as well as the permissions and limitations for each role, see Roles reference (CrashPlan)
- Click the right arrow to add the selected role to the user's Current Roles list.
- Select Update User to save your changes.
Administrator role assignment email
When you assign a Code42 administrator role to a user, all Customer Cloud Admin users receive an email with details of the assignment. You can ignore the email if you made the role assignment. If another administrator made the role assignment, review the information in the email carefully to ensure the user is authorized to have the permissions the role provides.
The email includes:
- The Code42 username of the person assigned the administrator role
- The role assigned
- The Code42 organization the assignee belongs to
- The date and time of the role assignment
- The Code42 username of the person who made the role assignment
The email is sent to Customer Cloud Admin users when the following administrator roles are assigned:
- Admin Restore
- Admin Restore Limited
- Cross-Org Admin
- Cross Org Legal Admin
- Cross Org Manager
- Customer Cloud Admin
- Insider Risk Admin
- Org Admin
- Org Legal Admin
- Org Manager
- Security Administrator
- Security Center - Restore