Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Gov F2, and Horizon, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, yes.
Retired product plans, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This tutorial describes how to use the device status report to identify which version of the Code42 app is installed on devices in your Code42 environment.
Step 1: Run a device status report
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Select Administration > Status > Reporting.
- (Optional) Enter search parameters, such as organization, device status, or operating system (OS). To generate a list of all devices in your Code42 environment, leave all fields blank.
- Click Run Report.
- Click the column selector icon and select DeviceUid and Client Version.
Step 2: View results
Option A: View results in the Code42 console
This method requires you to page through the results if there are more than 50 devices.
Review the list to determine which Code42 app versions are installed in your Code42 environment and how many devices are using each version.
The version number of the Code42 app in the Client Version column also includes the build number. For example, 126.96.36.199 indicates Code42 app version 6.9.2, build 123.
Option B: Export results to CSV
Use this method to view all of the results at once (if there are more than 50 devices).
- Click Export Records.
The CSV file is generated and downloads.
- Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel.
In some spreadsheet applications, including Excel, opening the CSV file may default to displaying longer numbers in scientific notation format (for example,
6.60805E+17). If this occurs:
- Instead of opening the CSV file directly, first open Excel and choose to import the CSV file.
- In the Import Wizard, select the version column, deviceUid column, and any other column with large numeric values you want to review.
- Change the column data format from General to Text.
- Sort the results by the
The version number of the Code42 app in the version column also includes the build number. For example, 188.8.131.52 indicates Code42 app version 6.9.2, build 123.
- Review the list to determine which Code42 app versions are installed in your Code42 environment and how many devices are using each version.