Who is this article for?
Incydr Professional, Enterprise, Horizon, and Gov F2, no.
Incydr Basic, Advanced, and Gov F1, no.
CrashPlan Cloud, yes.
Retired product plans, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
The Code42 console includes many ways to exclude files from being backed up. Each setting applies to different backup archives or group of users. Certain file exclusion settings apply to preservation policies, which are used in legal holds. This article explains how to configure file exclusions in your Code42 environment so that the exclusions do not also apply to legal holds.
Filename exclusions added under the Global Exclusions in the Code42 console also apply to all preservation policies. This means that those files will not be kept under legal hold.
For more flexibility around which files are excluded for users under legal hold, add file exclusions at the organization level. These file exclusions do not automatically apply to preservation policies.
Before you begin
The steps below describe where to find the correct settings in your Code42 environment. However, there are several ways to use these settings to specify which files and folders are excluded from backup archives, but not legal holds:
- Use substitution variables
- Specify filename patterns using wildcards
- Specify file extensions to exclude
- Use regular expressions
Learn more about how to use these methods to include and exclude files.
Exclude files under Device Default Settings
Use this option if:
- You have already set global exclusions
- You want to make sure that a certain file type is excluded from all backups
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Select Administration > Environment > Organizations.
- Select an organization listed on the Active tab.
- From the action menu in the upper-right, select Device Backup Defaults...
- Click Backup.
- Browse to Filename Exclusions.
- Enter filename patterns, or enter regular expressions (regex) to exclude from backup.
- Click General, browse to Global Exclusions, and remove all exclusions.