The following reports provide an overview of backup activity in your Code42 environment:
This article describes the content of the reports and explains how to configure their frequency and recipients. For more information about how these reports can be used to your advantage, see Use reports to monitor your CrashPlan environment.
These reports show devices that are not backing up. For help resolving backup problems with devices, see Identify and resolve device issues in the Code42 console (CrashPlan).
Configure backup reports
- Sign in to the Code42 console.
- Select Administration > Environment > Organizations.
The Active organizations tab is selected.
- Select the organization you want to report on.
- From the the action menu in the upper-right, select Edit.
- Select the Reporting tab.
- Configure your report settings:
- In General > Send backup report: Select the days of the week that Code42 sends the Backup status report.
- In General > Recipients and Additional recipients: Select whom reports go to. The following reports will be sent to individuals in the recipients list:
- Backup status report
Shows the backup and restore history of users in the organization.
- Backup alerts report
Shows devices in the organization that have not backed up in the time period set in the Warning and Critical fields. The report is sent when a device's backup status enters the warning or critical state.
- Backup status report
- In Alerts > No backup for: Enter the number of days when a device's backup status enters the warning or critical state. Code42 sends the Backup alerts report when this occurs.
- Click Save.
Backup status report
The following report is emailed with the subject line Code42 for Enterprise Backup Status Report.
Start and end dates for this report.
|b||Username||Name of the user for the computer listed.|
|c||Source / Computer||
Name of the source computer.
Name of the destination.
Size of the selection of files being backed up.
Change in size of file selection. A ↑ (up arrow) indicates an increase since the last report; a ↓ (down arrow) reflects a decrease since the last report.
Number of files backed up.
|h||Backed Up %||
Percent of selected files backed up.
Number of days since this computer was 100% backed up. If the computer is still in its initial backup and has never been 100% backed up, this column displays Last Activity.
Number of days since any backup data was sent to the specified destination from this computer.
|k||Restore Period||Displays restore statistics for this reporting period and all time.|
|l||Total||Number of restore jobs initiated during the restore period.|
|m||Users||Number of users that performed restores during the restore period.|
|Total size of files that were restored during the restore period.|
Number of files that were restored during the restore period.
|p||Organization||The organization and any child organization for the statistics shown.|
|q||Status||Devices listed in black text are backing up normally. Devices listed in yellow have passed your warning threshold; devices in red have passed your critical threshold.|
|r||Support||Link to the official Code42 support site.|
|s||My Account||Link to the Code42 console's Sign In screen.|
Backup alerts report
The following report is emailed with the subject line New Code42 for Enterprise Backup Alerts.
The date and time the report is generated.
The report is sent when a device's backup status enters the warning or critical state as defined in the organization reporting settings.
|b||Organization||The name of the organization the report is generated for: New <organization name> Backup Alerts.|
|c||Username / Name||The Code42 username and display name of the user for the listed computer.|
|d||Computer GUID||The globally unique identifier of the computer that has not backed up.|
Name of the computer that has not backed up.
Number of days since the computer last connected to the Code42 cloud.
Number of days since any backup data was sent from this computer.
- Organizations - Device Backup Defaults - Reporting settings reference (CrashPlan)
- Device Status report reference (CrashPlan)
- View device backup status with the CrashPlan API
- CrashPlan device status report use cases
- User Backup report reference (CrashPlan)
- Identify and resolve device issues in the Code42 console (CrashPlan)