Displays file activity for the last 90 days, 30 days, 7 days, or 1 day.
Shows all endpoint and cloud service* activity across your organization. File events include files:
- Moved to removable media or cloud sync folders
- Viewed in a browser or other app
- Shared publicly via direct link
or with specific users outside your trusted domains
*To see cloud service activity, give
(click for details) access to your cloud services .
at (Article_Update_Log/2021-07-01/Destination_activity_over_time_reference), /content/body/table/td/p/a/span, line 1, column 10
Shows all remote file activity that occurred on an endpoint. File events can include files moved to removable media or cloud sync folders, or viewed in a browser or other app.
When configured, remote activity is detected for endpoint events from out-of-network IP addresses.
||Displays the currently selected destination.
Where the file was sent. Destinations include:
- Cloud destinations: The file was synced to a cloud service
, shared publicly via direct link , or shared with specific users outside your trusted domains.
- Email services: The file was uploaded to an email provider via a web browser.
- Messaging services: The file was sent via a messaging service.
- Removable media: The file was moved to an external device such as a USB drive or hard drive. Click View event details to see file activity broken out by removable media device vendor and bus type.
- Social media: The file was uploaded to social media. This does not necessarily mean it's posted publicly; for example, the file could have been sent in a direct message on LinkedIn, etc.
- Source code repository: The file was uploaded to a location typically used for storing code files.
- Other: File activity where the destination does not match any of the above destinations, or in the following special cases:
- Files were
sent to a device via AirDrop
Files were opened in an app that is commonly used for uploading files such as FTP client or curl
- We cannot determine the destination. On Macs, this may indicate
(click for details) does not have the required permissions to collect the destination details.
at (Article_Update_Log/2021-07-01/Destination_activity_over_time_reference), /content/body/table/td/ul/li/span, line 1, column 10
- Multiple possibilities appears if the user accessed more than one tab while uploads were in progress. Review the Active tab titles and URLs to identify all possible destinations.
The Other destination does not show the Events bar graph and is shown at the bottom of the list of destinations regardless of sort order.
||Number of file events associated with the destination for the selected timeframe.
|Events bar graph
||Shows the relative number of file events.
||Total size of files involved with the file activity.
||Shows file activity for the selected time frame.
|(click for details) and pre-populates it with the selected timeframe and exposure type. Learn more about using
at (Article_Update_Log/2021-07-01/Destination_activity_over_time_reference), /content/body/table/td/span, line 1, column 10
(click for details) .
at (Article_Update_Log/2021-07-01/Destination_activity_over_time_reference), /content/body/table/td/a/span, line 1, column 10
|View event details
||Click to view the file events broken down by file category group.