Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article describes how to upgrade your single-server environment from version 4.2.0, 4.2.1, 4.2.2, or 4.2.3 to version 22.214.171.124 of the Code42 platform.
For multi-server environments, see Upgrading Your Multi-Server Environment From Version 4.2.x To 126.96.36.199.
If your authority server is a Code42 managed appliance, our Customer Champions work with you to upgrade your Code42 environment. Do not attempt to upgrade your environment on your own.
Before you begin
- Review the general instructions at Upgrading Version 4.2.x To 188.8.131.52.
- From the administration console Licensing screen, verify that your support is up-to-date.
Only environments under current support and maintenance are able to upgrade.
- Make sure that your host server meets the enterprise server requirements.
- (OS X) If your host server is running Java 6, upgrade to Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) 7.
- Verify that your devices can connect to your master server on TCP port 4280 to download the device upgrade files.
We strongly recommend that you perform the upgrade in a test Code42 environment before upgrading your production Code42 environment.
If you recently upgraded to version 4.2.x from an earlier version, wait 24 hours after upgrading your authority server and all storage servers before upgrading to another version. This waiting period ensures that all post-upgrade migration processes are complete before you start another upgrade.
Step 1: Download upgrade and installation files
Download the upgrade file for your server operating system:
Step 2: Prepare your production environment
Step 3: Upgrade your Enterprise Server
- Sign in to the administration console of your enterprise server.
- Navigate to
- Locate and upload the upgrade file.
- Review the End User License Agreement and click I AGREE to proceed with the upgrade.
The enterprise server restarts after successfully upgrading.
- Clear your browser cache.
Clearing the cache ensures that you can access the newest version of the administration console.
- After the enterprise server restarts, sign in to the administration console.
The message "Server Upgrade Complete" appears.
- Click No, I'll Upgrade Later to postpone upgrading all client devices.
- Verify the following:
- Under , the Current server version is 184.108.40.206.
- You are able to view the details of an organization, a user, and a device. You can also do spot checks of various configuration screens, but verifying an organization, user, and device provides good coverage.
- Your devices are able to reconnect to the enterprise server.
- You are able to back up and restore, or sync and share, files from your devices.
Troubleshooting the upgrade
For help resolving upgrade issues, see Troubleshooting The Upgrade From Version 4.2.x To Version 220.127.116.11. If you need further assistance troubleshooting the upgrade, contact our Customer Champions.