Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
Link: Product plans and features.
This article describes how to upgrade your single-server environment from version 4.1.8 or 18.104.22.168 to version 22.214.171.124 of the Code42 platform.
For multi-server environments, see Upgrading Your Multi-Server Environment From Version 4.1.8.x To 126.96.36.199.
After upgrading to version 188.8.131.52, you cannot revert or "roll back" your Code42 environment to a previous version.
If your authority server is a Code42 managed appliance, our Customer Champions work with you to upgrade your Code42 environment. Do not attempt to upgrade your environment on your own.
Before you begin
- Review the general instructions at Upgrade Version 4.1.8.x To 184.108.40.206.
- From the administration console Licensing screen, verify that your support is up-to-date.
Only environments under current support and maintenance are able to upgrade.
- Make sure that your host server meets the enterprise server requirements.
- (Windows) If your host server is running 32-bit Windows, move your enterprise server to a supported operating system.
Enterprise server version 4.2.0 and later does not support 32-bit Windows operating systems.
- (OS X) If your host server is running Java 6, upgrade to Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) 7.
- (Syslog only) If your enterprise server is configured to send logs to a syslog server, back up the syslog configuration file.
- Verify that your devices can connect to your master server on TCP port 4280 to download the device upgrade files.
We strongly recommend that you perform the upgrade in a test Code42 environment before upgrading your production Code42 environment.
Before upgrading, all store points in your Code42 environment must be online and visible to the Code42 server on which they reside. If any store points are not connected, the Code42 server will not start after the upgrade, and you must contact our Customer Champions for Code42 for Enterprise support or CrashPlan for Small Business support to proceed.
Step 1: Download upgrade and installation files
Download the upgrade file for your server operating system:
Step 2: Prepare your production environment
Step 3: Upgrade your Enterprise Server
- Sign in to the administration console of your enterprise server.
- Navigate to
- Locate and upload the upgrade file.
- Review the End User License Agreement and click I AGREE to proceed with the upgrade.
The enterprise server restarts after successfully upgrading.
- Clear your browser cache.
Clearing the cache ensures that you can access the newest version of the administration console.
- After the enterprise server restarts, sign in to the administration console.
The message "Server Upgrade Complete" appears.
- Click No, I'll Upgrade Later to postpone upgrading all client devices.
- Verify the following:
- Under , the Current server version is 220.127.116.11.
- You are able to view the details of an organization, a user, and a device. You can also do spot checks of various configuration screens, but verifying an organization, user, and device provides good coverage.
- Your devices are able to reconnect to the enterprise server.
- You are able to back up and restore, or sync and share, files from your devices.
- (Syslog only) If your enterprise server was configured to send logs to a syslog server, place the configuration file that you backed up in its original location, then restart the enterprise server.
Step 4: Upgrade your devices
- After the enterprise server upgrade is complete, test the CrashPlan app or SharePlan app upgrade for one existing device:
- In the administration console, go to Devices > Overview.
- Click the name of the device.
- From the action menu, select Upgrade.
- Click Upgrade to upgrade the device.
The upgrade command is sent to the device immediately and the device begins the upgrade process. When the upgrade is complete, the administration console displays a “success” message in the lower left corner.
- Verify the test device upgrade:
- Launch the CrashPlan app or SharePlan app on the device and verify the version number.
- Confirm that you are able to back up and restore, or sync and share, files from the test device.
- When you are ready to upgrade the rest of your Code42 environment's devices:
- Sign in to the master server's administration console.
- From Settings > Server, enable Auto-upgrade devices.
- Click Save.
A confirmation message appears.
- Click Restart.
Troubleshooting the upgrade
For help resolving upgrade issues, see Troubleshooting The Upgrade From Version 4.1.8.x To Version 18.104.22.168. If you need further assistance troubleshooting the upgrade, contact our Customer Champions.