- Code42 for Enterprise
This article describes how to upgrade the Code42 servers in your Code42 environment from version 5.0.x to version 18.104.22.168 and perform associated CrashPlan app upgrades.
If your authority server is a Code42 managed appliance, our Customer Champions work with you to upgrade your Code42 environment. Do not attempt to upgrade your environment on your own.
Affected Code42 platform components
The upgrade from version 5.0.x to 22.214.171.124 includes changes to the following components. ViewCode42 platform version 5.1 release notes for details.
- Code42 server
- CrashPlan app
Code42 server version 126.96.36.199 is compatible with the following components.
Windows and Mac:
* Indicates this version is bundled with Code42 server version 188.8.131.52.
All storage servers in your Code42 environment must use the same Code42 server software version as your authority server.
SharePlan end of life
Code42 platform version 184.108.40.206 removes support for SharePlan. If you use SharePlan in your Code42 environment, upgrading your Code42 servers to 220.127.116.11 disables all SharePlan functionality. See SharePlan End Of Sale And End Of Support for details.
If you use SharePlan, migrate your plans to another sync and share solution before upgrading to version 18.104.22.168. Failing to migrate data before upgrading may result in data loss.
If you have any questions about upgrading your Code42 environment, or if you need assistance troubleshooting the upgrade, contact our Customer Champions.
Step 1: Install Oracle Java 8 for your Code42 servers
Code42 server version 22.214.171.124 requires Oracle Java 8. Based on your host server operating system, take the appropriate action before upgrading:
- When you originally installed the Code42 server software, if you allowed the Code42 server installer to download and install Oracle Java for you, no action is needed. The upgrade process automatically updates Oracle Java.
- If you installed Oracle Java manually, install Oracle Java 8 before upgrading to Code42 server version 126.96.36.199.
- Windows: No action required. The Code42 server software installer for Windows includes a bundled version of Java. The upgrade process automatically updates bundled Java to version 8.
- Mac: Install Oracle Java Development Kit (JDK) 8 before upgrading to Code42 server version 188.8.131.52.
If you upgrade Java on a Code42 server on which you previously installed the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) to allow for longer SSL and single sign-on (SSO) encryption keys, you must reinstall the JCE (because upgrading Java removes the JCE update).
Step 2: Download upgrade files
Download the upgrade file for your host server operating system. If your Code42 environment has Code42 servers running on different operating systems, download the upgrade file for each operating system:
Step 3: Upgrade your Code42 servers
Follow our instructions to upgrade the Code42 servers in your Code42 environment: