- Code42 CrashPlan (previously CrashPlan PROe)
This article describes how to upgrade the Code42 servers in your Code42 environment to version 5.3.0, and to perform associated CrashPlan app upgrades. The steps below apply to upgrades from both 5.1.x and 5.2.x.
If your master server is a Code42 managed appliance, our Customer Champions work with you to upgrade your Code42 environment. Do not attempt to upgrade your environment on your own.
Affected Code42 Platform components
The upgrade from version 5.1.x and 5.2.x to 5.3.0 includes changes to the following components. View Code42 platform version 5.3.0 release notes for details.
||CrashPlan mobile app|
Code42 server version 5.3.0 is compatible with the following components.
Windows, OS X, and Linux:
|CrashPlan mobile app||
All storage servers in your Code42 environment must use the same Code42 server software version as your master server.
- If the File Selection setting is locked in the administration console (Settings > Device Backup > Backup), you must take action to ensure all CrashPlan app devices are using version 4.5.2 or later before upgrading to Code42 server version 5.3.
- Use the Device Status Report to view devices' CrashPlan app version.
- If upgrades are required, see Upgrading CrashPlan Devices In Your Code42 Environment.
- Beginning with version 5.3.0 of the Code42 platform, the CrashPlan app is no longer bundled with the Code42 server. Compatible CrashPlan app versions are available for download from the new App Downloads screen in the administration console. See Adding Clients To Your Code42 environment for more details.
Do not make any configuration changes to Code42 for Enterprise settings in the administration console while upgrading your Code42 server. As a best practice, wait 24 hours after pushing any configuration changes to Code42 for Enterprise apps before you upgrade the Code42 server, and wait 24 hours after the server upgrade completes before changing any settings. Contact our Customer Champions for Code42 for Enterprise support if you have any questions.
- After the Code42 server upgrade completes, you may need to refresh the administration console to see the new App Downloads screen.
- Depending on your browser's cache settings, you may be prompted to upgrade clients after the Code42 server upgrade completes. Ignore this prompt; client upgrades are managed from the new App Downloads screen beginning in version 5.3.
- In Code42 environments that initially deployed version 5.x CrashPlan apps to user devices (and never upgraded devices from version 4.x to 5.x), you must follow the steps in Upgrading The CrashPlan app To Version 5.x to enable upgrades to CrashPlan app version 5.3.
If you have any questions about upgrading your Code42 environment, or if you need assistance troubleshooting the upgrade, contact our Customer Champions.