When you sign up for a free trial of CrashPlan for Small Business, you may see an error message: This account information is invalid or may already be in use. This article explains different issues that can cause this error and how to successfully complete the process.
Possible causes and solutions
We recommend checking the following possible causes in the order presented.
Email address in use
Your email address may already be used by an existing CrashPlan for Small Business account.
If you own that email address, use the CrashPlan for Small Business administration console to request a password reset.
Email is not a valid format
To create your account, you must provide a valid email address.
Enter an email address in this format:
Email or password confirmation fields don't match
To create your account, you must enter the same email address into two fields and enter the same password into two fields.
- Both email address fields match exactly
- Both password fields match exactly
Password does not meet requirements
Tips for creating a secure password
- We recommend using a password that is at least eight characters long. Your password must use a minimum of five characters.
- We recommend using at least two numbers (123) or symbols ($%^).
- Choose a password that is easy to remember, because you will need to supply the password to manage your CrashPlan account or to change your password.
- Don’t use items that are easy for someone else to guess, such as names, words, dates, or your ATM PIN.
Less secure passwords: