Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
This article applies to Small Business.
In the Code42 app, you can back up your files to either a destination that is local (for example, an external drive on your device), or to a destination in the Code42 cloud. Backing up to multiple destinations, both onsite and offsite, helps protect you from data loss. Perform the following steps to back up to a cloud destination.
This article assumes you have permission to manage your backup destinations. Your administrator may prevent destination management.
If you're setting up CrashPlan for Small Business for the first time
- Download and install the Code42 app.
After you sign in for the first time, you see the message: No Destinations Selected - Add a destination to start backup. Add destinations.
- Click Add destinations.
- Select CrashPlan PRO Online.
If CrashPlan for Small Business is already installed
- Open the Code42 app and go to the Home screen.
- Select Settings.
- Select Destinations.
- Click the + icon to add a destination.
- Select the CrashPlan for Small Business cloud destination you want to add (CrashPlan PRO Online or CrashPlan Central).
- Click Save.