- CrashPlan PRO
This article describes how to update your payment method for CrashPlan PRO and explains how subscriptions work.
If you don't have an existing subscription, you can start using CrashPlan PRO with a free trial.
Before you begin
In order to manage your CrashPlan PRO subscription, your user account must be the Subscription Administrator. Your organization can have only one subscription administrator, but you can change your organization's subscription administrator.
Update your selected payment method
- Sign in to your CrashPlan PRO administration console.
- Go to Account.
- Click Manage My Subscription.
- Under Payment Method, click Edit.
- Click Yes to continue.
- Select a payment method or add a new payment method.
- If you enter a new payment method, click Submit to save the payment method to the list.
- After you enter a new payment method, you can remove other payment methods from the list.
- In the list of payment methods, find your preferred payment method and click Save for Subscription to apply your change.
If you receive billing error notifications after updating your payment method, contact our Customer Champions.
Enable automatic subscription renewal
- You must have an active subscription or trial in order to back up using CrashPlan PRO.
- All CrashPlan PRO subscriptions last one month. Your subscription is automatically renewed each month unless you cancel your CrashPlan PRO subscription.
- We use your selected payment method to automatically renew your subscription at these times:
- Four days before your subscription's expiration date
- On your subscription's expiration date (if the previous renewal failed)
- Seven days after your subscription's expiration date (if the previous renewal failed)
- We send you an email notification if your subscription renewal fails. If your subscription renewal succeeds, we don't send you an email notification.
- If all three renewal attempts fail, your CrashPlan PRO subscription is automatically canceled and your data is securely deleted according to our Data Retention Policy for CrashPlan PRO.
If your subscription fails to automatically renew because your payment information is out of date, the error message Update your billing information to maintain your subscription appears in your administration console.
If you see this error message, click Update Payment Information to provide correct payment information and continue your CrashPlan PRO subscription.