This tutorial explains how to create an account, install the software, and begin backing up your computer with a CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO) trial. The trial evaluation software is a complete version of the CrashPlan for Small Business environment, with full functionality for an unlimited number of CrashPlan for Small Business devices for 30 days.
Before you begin
Make sure your client devices meet the CrashPlan for Small Business requirements.
Step 1: Start your CrashPlan for Small Business trial
- In a web browser, go to our CrashPlan for Small Business free one-month trial page.
- Enter your information for all fields: contact information, business information, email, and password.
- Review the CrashPlan for Small Business EULA.
You can refer back to the CrashPlan for Small Business EULA at any time.
- After you reach the end of the EULA, select I have read and I accept the EULA.
- Click Continue.
- When prompted, sign in to the administration console using the email and password you entered above.
- Complete the signup process for your free one-month trial of CrashPlan for Small Business.
We require your billing information, but you are not billed during the trial. At the end of your free one-month trial, you are automatically billed for your CrashPlan for Small Business subscription using the billing information provided here.
Step 2: Download and install the CrashPlan app
- Sign in to the administration console with your account information.
- From the welcome message, click Yes, Continue.
The App Downloads view displays.
- From the list of available downloads, select your operating system to download the appropriate CrashPlan app installer.
- Launch the CrashPlan app installer.
- Windows: Double-click the MSI file.
- Mac: Mount the DMG and double-click the PKG file.
- Linux: Unpack the tgz archive and run the included install.sh Bash script.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Detailed installation instructions
For more detailed installation instructions, see Install the CrashPlan app.
Step 3: Sign in and start your backup
- Enter your account's Email address and Password, then click Sign In.
- (Optional) Click Change to adjust the folders selected for backup.
CrashPlan for Small Business selects your user folder for initial backup by default. The user folder contains commonly-used folders for pictures, music, documents, downloads, and more.
- Click Start Backup.
Now that you've created your account and installed the CrashPlan app on your first device, review our Next steps after setting up CrashPlan for Small Business article for information on planning and configuring your CrashPlan for Small Business environment.