This tutorial explains how to create an account, install the software, and begin backing up your computer with a CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO) trial. The trial evaluation software is a complete version of the CrashPlan for Small Business environment, with full functionality for an unlimited number of CrashPlan for Small Business devices for 30 days.
Before you begin
Make sure your client devices meet the CrashPlan for Small Business requirements.
Step 1: Start your CrashPlan for Small Business trial
- In a web browser, go to our CrashPlan for Small Business free one-month trial page.
- Enter your information for all fields: contact information, business information, email, and password.
- (For residents outside the United States only) If you would like to receive marketing emails from Code42, select the "Yes I would like to receive marketing communications regarding Code42..." checkbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Review the CrashPlan for Small Business Master Services Agreement.
You can refer back to the CrashPlan for Small Business Master services agreement at any time.
- Click Next.
- When prompted, sign in to the administration console using the email and password you entered above.
- Complete the signup process for your free one-month trial of CrashPlan for Small Business.
We require your billing information, but you are not billed when you sign up for the trial. Toward the end of your free one-month trial, you are automatically billed for your CrashPlan for Small Business subscription using the billing information provided here.
Step 2: Download and install the Code42 app
- Sign in to the administration console with your account information.
- From the welcome message, click Yes, Continue.
The App Downloads view displays.
- From the list of available downloads, select your operating system to download the appropriate Code42 app installer.
- Launch the Code42 app installer.
- Windows: Double-click the MSI file.
- Mac: Mount the DMG, and double-click the PKG file.
- Linux: Unpack the tgz archive, and run the included install.sh Bash script.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Detailed installation instructions
For more detailed installation instructions, see Install the Code42 app.
Step 3: Sign in and complete setup
- Enter your account's Email address and Password, then click Continue.
- Click View details.
- Click Add destinations.
- To back up to Code42 cloud, check CrashPlan PRO Online.
- To back up to a local destination:
- Select Add Local Destination.
- Select the device or folder to which you want to back up, and click Open.
- Select Save.
- Update any backup set settings, as needed. We recommend using the default settings.
- Select Done.
Your backup starts automatically.
Now that you've created your account and installed the Code42 app on your first device, review our Next steps after setting up CrashPlan for Small Business article for information on planning and configuring your CrashPlan for Small Business environment.