Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, no.
Code42 for Enterprise, no.
CrashPlan for Small Business, yes.
This article applies to Small Business.
To protect all of your data, it's important to back up all of your devices. This article shows you how to download and install the Code42 app for CrashPlan for Small Business on all the Windows, Mac, and Linux devices in your small business.
The Code42 app installers are only available from the CrashPlan for Small Business Code42 console.
You must have a CrashPlan for Small Business account before you can download the Code42 app. If you don't have an account, sign up now.
Before you begin
- Create a separate account for each user before installing the Code42 app on those users' devices. With separate user accounts, you can:
- In some situations, you may prefer to install the Code42 app for multiple users on the same computer, instead of following the installation instructions below.
- With CrashPlan for Small Business, you are billed each month for the number of active devices in your organization, regardless of the number of users you have.
Step 1: Download the Code42 app installer
- Sign in to your CrashPlan for Small Business Code42 console with your CrashPlan for Small Business username and password.
- Go to App Downloads.
- Click the appropriate Download icon for your device's operating system.
For most Windows devices, we recommend using the Windows (64-bit) installer.
Most CrashPlan for Small Business administrators prepare to install the Code42 app using one of these methods:
- Download the Code42 app installer once, then copy the installer to multiple devices.
- On each device, download the Code42 app installer from the CrashPlan for Small Business Code42 console.
Step 2: Install the Code42 app
We recommend that each user install and sign in to the Code42 app using their own username and password.
- Run the Code42 app installer on the device where you want to install CrashPlan for Small Business.
- Windows: Double-click the MSI file.
- Mac: Mount the DMG and double-click the PKG file.
- Linux: Unpack the .tgz archive and run the included install.sh Bash script:
- After the installation is complete, sign in to the Code42 app using your CrashPlan for Small Business username and password.
If you don't have a username and password, your CrashPlan for Small Business administrator can create them.
Watch the 2-minute video below for instructions on how to add a device.
For next steps, including completing setup and starting your backup, see Set up CrashPlan for Small Business.