This article lists the system requirements and network ports for your CrashPlan for Small Business environment.
Administration console requirements
- Minimum resolution: 1024x768
- Web browser:
- Chrome (most recent version)
- Firefox (more recent version)
- Internet Explorer 11
Internet Explorer 10 is supported only for Code42 servers version 5.1.x and earlier
- Microsoft Edge (most recent version)
- Safari (most recent version per supported version of OS X)
Safari 6.1 is supported only for Code42 servers version 5.1.x and earlier
The administration console does not support mobile web browsers.
CrashPlan app requirements
- These system requirements are the minimum requirements to install the CrashPlan app. We recommend using more powerful hardware for the best performance.
- If your backup is unusually large (more than 1 TB or 1 million files), you must configure the CrashPlan app to use more RAM than the minimum requirement.
- The CrashPlan app requires an Internet connection for almost all activity, including signing in, backing up, restoring, and changing most settings.
The CrashPlan app requires a graphical user interface (GUI) for use on all operating systems.
1 This component is packaged with the CrashPlan app.
CrashPlan mobile app
|Android||Android 2.2 and later|
|iOS||iOS 7.0 and later|
1 See end-of-support details.
The CrashPlan app requires the following ports to communicate with your backup destinations. Depending on the destinations you use, you may not require all ports:
|4242*||TCP||CrashPlan devices||(Default) Listening port between devices on the same account|
|4243*||TCP||localhost||(Default) Used by the CrashPlan app to connect to the CrashPlan service|
|443||TCP||Code42 cloud||(Required) Used by the CrashPlan app to connect to the Code42 cloud|
* Depending on your configuration, alternative ports may be used. To find the ports used on your device, identify the ports used by the CrashPlan app.