To protect all of your small business's data, it's important to back up all of your devices. This article shows CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO) administrators how to install CrashPlan for Small Business on all the Windows, Mac, and Linux devices in your small business.
Before you begin
- We recommend that CrashPlan for Small Business administrators create a separate account for each user before installing the Code42 app on those users' devices. With separate user accounts, you can:
- In some situations, you may prefer to install the Code42 app for multiple users on the same computer, instead of following the installation instructions below.
- CrashPlan for Small Business subscription pricing is based per device, so each month you are only billed for the number of active devices in your organization.
Step 1: Download the Code42 app installer
Most CrashPlan for Small Business administrators prepare to install the Code42 app using one of these methods:
- Download the Code42 app installer once, then copy the installer to multiple devices.
- On each device, download the Code42 app installer from the CrashPlan for Small Business administration console.
- Sign in to your CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO) administration console with your CrashPlan for Small Business username and password.
- Go to App Downloads.
- Click the appropriate Download icon for your device's operating system.
For most Windows devices, we recommend using the Windows (64-bit) installer.
Step 2: Install CrashPlan for Small Business
We recommend that each user install and sign in to the Code42 app using their own username and password.
- Run the Code42 app installer on the device where you want to install CrashPlan for Small Business.
- Windows: Double-click the MSI file.
- Mac: Mount the DMG and double-click the PKG file.
- Linux: Unpack the .tgz archive and run the included install.sh Bash script:
- After the installation is complete, sign in to the Code42 app using your CrashPlan for Small Business username and password.
If you don't have a username and password, your CrashPlan for Small Business administrator can create them.
- In the Code42 app, click Start Backup.