To protect all of your small business's data, it's important to back up all of your devices. This article shows CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO) administrators how to install CrashPlan for Small Business on all the Windows, Mac, and Linux devices in your small business.
Before you begin
- We recommend that CrashPlan for Small Business administrators create a separate account for each user before installing the CrashPlan app on those users' devices. With separate user accounts, you can:
- In some situations, you may prefer to install the CrashPlan app for multiple users on the same computer, instead of following the installation instructions below.
Step 1: Download the CrashPlan app installer
Most CrashPlan for Small Business administrators prepare to install the CrashPlan app using one of these methods:
- Download the CrashPlan app installer once, then copy the installer to multiple devices.
- On each device, download the CrashPlan app installer from the CrashPlan PRO administration console.
- Sign in to your CrashPlan for Small Business (previously CrashPlan PRO) administration console with your CrashPlan for Small Business username and password.
- Go to App Downloads.
- Click the appropriate Download icon for your device's operating system.
For most modern Windows devices, we recommend using the Windows (64-bit) installer.
Step 2: Install CrashPlan for Small Business
We recommend that each user install and sign in to the CrashPlan app using their own username and password.
- Run the CrashPlan app installer on the device where you want to install CrashPlan for Small Business.
- Windows: Double-click the MSI file.
- Mac: Mount the DMG and double-click the PKG file.
- Linux: Unpack the .tgz archive and run the included install.sh Bash script:
- After the installation is complete, sign in to the CrashPlan app using your CrashPlan for Small Business username and password.
If you don't have a username and password, your CrashPlan for Small Business administrator can create them.
- In the CrashPlan app, click Start Backup.