- CrashPlan PRO
CrashPlan PRO provides many features and capabilities that make it safe, simple, and secure to back up your small business's data. This article explains how CrashPlan PRO provides for your business more effectively than CrashPlan for Home.
More information and support for CrashPlan for Home is available on our CrashPlan for Home support site.
Choose CrashPlan PRO or CrashPlan for Home
CrashPlan PRO's advantages for small businesses
Small businesses using CrashPlan PRO can use the same backup technology as CrashPlan for Home, but CrashPlan PRO also includes business-oriented features that are not available in CrashPlan for Home:
- Reporting and alerts for all users in your organization
- Administrative privileges to restore data for all devices
- Management of all your organization's devices for up to 199 users
For 200 or more users, Code42 offers Code42 for Enterprise.
CrashPlan PRO is licensed for professional use and intended for small businesses, even if your small business has only a few employees. For more information, see the CrashPlan PRO End User License Agreement.
CrashPlan for Home's limitations for small businesses
Individuals use CrashPlan for Home, which is designed to back up your personal data. With CrashPlan for Home:
- Security settings are shared between all computers on your account.
- All computers on the same account have shared access.
- Individual users can't administratively manage other users or their devices.
CrashPlan for Home is only licensed for personal, non-commercial use. For more information, see the CrashPlan for Home End User License Agreement.