Who is this article for?
CrashPlan for Enterprise, yes.
Code42 for Enterprise, yes.
CrashPlan for Small Business, no.
This article applies to Code42 cloud environments.
Other available versions:
This article explains how to set up Microsoft AD FS to use the proper authentication method with your Code42 cloud environment. Follow this article if SSO authentication for the Code42 app works externally but not internally, or if you see the following error In the AD FS event viewer: MSIS7102: Requested Authentication Method is not supported on the STS
Code42 cloud environments that use Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services Single Sign-On.
Search the AD FS logs to verify the error:
- Navigate to your AD FS event viewer.
- Search for the following log:
MSIS7102: Requested Authentication Method is not supported on the STS
If you see the above error, continue to the recommended solution to configure AD FS to use the proper authentication method with Code42.
Edit the Authentication Policies in AD FS:
- Navigate to Authentication Policies.
- Under Primary Authentication, click Edit next to Global Settings.
- Under Intranet, enable both Forms Authentication and Windows Authentication.
- Click Apply.
- Microsoft: Configure Authentication Policies