This article explains how to uninstall the Code42 app from user devices. Uninstalling the Code42 app deletes all Code42 application and data files from the device.
This article applies to Incydr Professional and Enterprise only. For Incydr Basic and Advanced, CrashPlan Cloud, and other plans, see Uninstall the Code42 app.
Uninstalling the Code42 app removes the Code42 log files. If you are uninstalling as part of a troubleshooting process, retrieve the logs before uninstalling.
To uninstall the Code42 app from a single device:
- Sign in to the Windows device as a user with Administrator permissions.
- From the Windows menu, select Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
- Select Code42-AAT and select Uninstall.
Alternatively, use a device management tool like SCCM to remove the app remotely from one or more devices.
On Mac devices, uninstalling the Code42 app prompts the user to confirm the uninstall. This is a security measure implemented by Apple for all macOS system extensions.
The Code42 app is installed as a system extension. The only method Apple supports for removing a system extension is dragging the app to the Trash.
- In the Finder, go to Applications.
- Drag the Code42-AAT icon to the Trash.
- When prompted, confirm the deletion.